We have been in the business consulting, strategy development, and business improvement business since we started, being first in the total quality management (TQM), customer service, service quality, and ISO (9000/14000) training in the earlier years. Our clients were from aviation, manufacturing, services, retail and distribution, medical, pharmaceutical, technology, cybersecurity, and more.
These days, clients large and small talk to us MORE for our business expertise, strategies, ideas, and innovative approaches to market entry, ideation, product formulation, marketing, and leadership development. The reasons are simple – our principals have more than 60 years of hands-on, field-proven, contextual industry and consulting experience.
We now do CXO-level consulting in the following:
- business strategy
- market entry consulting
- retail & distribution
- branding (including naming)
Please read on to find out more below.
Market Entry Consulting
Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition.
Elbert Hubbard, Philosopher
If you are a startup with a great product, or if you are a sizable multinational corporation elsewhere and want to expand exponentially in Asia Pacific, we will be happy to help you with these:
- Suitability consulting and study
- Market demand research and consulting
- Growth potential, competition, and analyses (including “pulse reports”)
- Refinement/preparation of strategy, plan and campaigns
- Incorporation and business processes (with third-party firms)
- Full-spectrum marketing and PR
- Product evangelism
- Branding (including naming and visual identity)
- Intellectual capital development (with third-party law firms)
- Market entry strategies and connectivity by helping you work with sales outsourcing (resellers/distributors), or through joint ventures and alliances, or perhaps greenfield and turnkey projects through tenders and pitches.
And, it goes the other way too! If you are planning to expand to America and Europe, and need some friendly advice, we can help too, or point you to the right folks. We have field experience in this area before too, and certainly will hope that you will succeed without going through infinite hoops and challenges.
This is also especially useful for North Asia businesses (China PRC, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan) that aim to expand to ASEAN and beyond, where we can help with business and market strategy, PR (strictly on a retainer basis), branding and product naming strategy, digital marketing, and red teaming.
Red Teaming (or “being the Devil’s Advocate”)
Once we know our weaknesses they cease to do us any harm.
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, physicist
We have been helping our clients with RED TEAMING for decades. It is time to offer it specifically to benefit from our collective 55 years of business and professional field experience. You get real, proven, tested experience and expertise. If you have a startup, a long established business or unit, and you wonder if your strategy, roadmap, blueprint or implementation will make sense in the real world, and not simply rely on the echo chamber within your own closed circles, talk to us.
In today’s turbulent world where crises abound (trade wars, pandemics, conflicts, hyper-competition, etc), you need C2C©, the approach of “Crisis To Change”. Talk to us to help streamline, tweak, transform, your leadership and communication approaches to be better prepared for the new century.
RED TEAMING – an approach for any business strategy and implementation to keep your business alert, agile, and real. Red teaming started in the military and aviation, where the red team will find weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the main team (also known as “opposing force” in military and war games, or “red cell”). Some internal managers may only look inwards, and overlook possible flaws in their approaches, even though they may adopt the “BLUE TEAM” approach (an internal team to identify flaws and vulnerabilities). This is where we, the RED TEAM, comes in. After working with you, you will have addressed as many possible vulnerabilities and weaknesses in your strategies as we can, so your success rates will be much higher. RED+BLUE makes a perfect team!
What can we help you with, as your Red Team?
- Strategy dissection, diagnostics, and analyses
- Devil’s advocate for your claims, assumptions, positioning, etc
- Competition analyses
- “If, Then, Else” analyses
- Digitalization (strategy, website, SEO, cybersecurity, e-commerce)
The difference between merely a sceptic and a Red Team is that while sceptics simply criticize, our Red Teaming approach is to complement your Blue Team (internal auditors) to ensure we converge to find solutions for your problems. While we will be brutally honest, and incisively analytical, we will work with you to find positive outcomes.
From 1990s to now
Our principals are well-read in global affairs, diplomacy, politics, sciences, technologies, business methodologies, leadership principles, marketing anbd branding, and have braved all the major storms for the past decades, and helped many clients managed communication through all these:
- 1997, Asian Financial Crisis
- 2000, Dotcom Bubble (Dotcom Crash)
- 2003, SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome)
- 2004, H5N1 aka “bird flu”
- 2008, Global Financial Crisis & Global Recession
- 2009, H1N1 flu pandemic
- 2019, SARS-CoV-2 pandemic (COVID-19)
- 2020, Stock Market Crash (COVID-19)
Some may imagine “branding” to be just about creating a “pretty” logo or simply coming up with a thick manual of “corporate identity”.
Branding is so much more than that!
Branding is about building a sustainable company and entrenching its products and services into the minds and hearts of people. It is NOT about “pretty” logos.
A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon
What can we do for you based on helping established clients deploy branding programs and sustainable campaigns, as well as consulting for emerging and startup companies on the basics of sustainable branding?
- Data collation
- Market research (target markets, consumer perceptions, competition, business trends, product value)
- Internal audits of departments to see if aligned with the brand
- Brand strategy (visual, content, pricing, advertising campaigns, customer messaging, placement and channels
- Define metrics for brand measurement (before and after, and can be implemented by client)
- Develop/refine naming conventions for your brands, products and services
- Develop/refine visual identity programs (yes, that include the logo)
- Collaborate with IP legal teams to ensure your branding is proprietary, original and enforceable
We are pioneers and experts in serving these industries, so if you belong to one of these, you know who to call!
- Cyber security (Internet security, network security, cloud security, mobile security)
- Industrial automation and safety (including IoT, industrial controls, robotics)
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals (including hospitals, clinics, supplements, vitamins, skincare, beauty, medical, etc)
- Audio-Visual (AV) and Video (including high fidelity or hi-fi, speakers, headphones, headsets, Bluetooth, conferencing, cameras, video cameras, etc)
- Fashion and Footwear (including fashion, functional, sports, eyewear, etc)
- Food and Beverage (including restaurants and chains)
We have helped build many brands from scratch in our locale, including the likes of CROCS, ILOG (later IBM), Plantronics (later Poly), etc.