What we do
While you communicate with customers through digital marketing and public relations (PR), you need an effective internal communication program to inspire your people, motivate them to sell, manage challenges and crises.
- Leadership training (corporate/airlines)
- Sales training
- Media Training and crisis communication
- Customer Service training
- Curriculum development (with interactive video)
The road to learning by precept is long, but by example short and effective.
Media Training Primer™ (2 – 4 hours)
This is a succinct media training primer program for busy CXOs and executives. We will prep your leaders to be media savvy, and be ready for TV, radio, print, events, and online interviews. The short primer will end with a mock TV interview and critique.
- Selling vs Telling
- The Media’s agenda
- Fundamental questions
- Interview preparation (for print, online, TV/radio, events)
- What to say and provide to the media
- Interview dynamics
- Working in tandem with the journalist
- Difficult questions
- Crisis management with CRM (from aviation and medicine)
- Crisis communication basics
- Mock interview and critique
IntrinSelling™ Primer – Sales Training (4 hours)
We have developed corporate sales training programs since the 1990s, for multinational corporations and emerging companies. The IntrinSelling™ Primer is your fastest route to sales effectiveness, developed and trained by our lead trainer Seamus Phan:
- Can a 10-year old sell?
- Mind over matter
- Understanding the Behavior of Buying
- Primary and Secondary buying desires
- 3-step Sales Cycle
- Credibility in the sales proceess
- What is the Greatest Motivator?
- Non-Verbal Communication in sales
- Power of Mimicry
- Types of Customers and the Lingo
- 18-minute wonder
- Case Studies (for custom training programs)
Servant Leadership for Airlines (4 hours)
In the airline industry, safety is paramount. With automation and methodical pilot training, things may be relegated to machines and checklists. But what happens when extraordinary and “out-of-scope” abnormal conditions challenge pilots in the flightdeck? Do they rise up to exemplary and extraordinary leadership? This revised and improved training program, based on our earlier work “What’s Next Leadership” and adapted for the airlines, with references to CRM, TEM, MCC, air safety, pilot selection and training, and pilot transition to leadership. The program is thought-provoking with the wisdom of the samurai and early kingdoms, from the works such as Hagakure, Gorinosho, and the Three Kingdoms. Read more at https://flightleaders.com.
- The WHY of leadership
- CRM and its effects
- Pilot profile, assessment and selection
- Psychological profile and competencies
- Learning from the East (BRM™)
- Historical Three Kingdoms and lessons to be learned
- Leaders are warriors
- Learning from 17th century classic Hagakure
- Learning from 350-years old classic Gorinosho by Musashi
- Power of mindfulness in leadership
- Benevolent leadership that leapfrogs the ordinary
- Footprint business card™
Seamus, our lead trainer, spoke in a TED-style talk at the APATS 2016 (Asia Pacific Airline Training Symposium) in Singapore, based on our Leadership for Airlines program.
“The Human Factors session (the last session on Day 1) saw a nearly packed house held captive by Dr Seamus Phan of The McGallen & Bolden Group…; that set the stage for Dr Seamus Phan to work magic with his delightful time travel presentation wherein he linked philosophies from Ancient China and Japan to Leadership lessons for modern-day aviation organisations.” (source: Sanjay Mahendrakumar Mukherjee)
“I was at the conference and this speech was very inspiring and fun at the same time. Great performance!” (source: Capt J. Drappier)
Leadership Secrets at 30,000 Feet™ (4 hours)
Veteran airline pilot Capt Michael Caston and our lead trainer Seamus Phan, co-developed a workshop “Leadership Secrets at 30,000 Feet”. The workshop is highly experiential and hands-on, where CXOs, senior business leaders and managers, can be briefed on aviation best practices, and then apply these within a realistic B737NG flight simulator, instructed by real pilots, and then synergize and integrate these ideas into running their businesses more effectively and more profitably. Read more at https://flightleaders.com.
- Pre-Simulator Briefing
- Simulator session (Crew of 4, for a total group of 16)
- Pre-flight briefing (SOPs, checklists, briefings)
- Flight from A to B (Choice of departure/destination, day/night/weather)
- Engine start (Taxi, take-off, minor problem solving)
- Cruise (Problem solving, decision-making, teamwork, threats, errors, automation, etc)
- Descent (Passenger handling, landing scenarios, etc)
Smartphone Photo/Videography Primer™ (1 to 3 hours)
The best camera is the camera you have in your pocket – your smartphone! And if you want to scale it up, get a good compact camera and bring it everywhere you go. Compact cameras can be APS-C, or Micro 4/3, for optimal image quality. Remember, photography or videography is NOT about megapixels or sensor size. It is not just about physics of light, but about emotion.
- Still Photography Primer
- Never shoot thinking you can “photoshop” them later
- Rule of thirds (how to use them, and how to break the rule)
- Metering modes (spot, average, etc)
- White balance (getting your colors right the first time)
- ISO speeds and “grain”
- Exposure (normal, low-key, high-key)
- Lenses (macro, wide, normal, and tele)
- Focus and aperture (depth of field or DoF)
- You don’t need flash
- Backlight and the effects of exposure and positioning
- Shoot “right” for landscape, portraits, close-ups, and more
- Indoors and outdoors – pitfalls and solutions
- Videography Primer
- Video as an extension of still photography
- Good video is not about image, but audio
- Video hosting (YouTube, Vimeo, and more)
- Video resolution (DVD, HD to 4K)
- Microphone polar patterns and sound recording
- Livestreaming basics
- Editing basics (cuts-only, dissolves, and forget SFX)
- Video SEO
- Produce video documentaries
Dr Seamus Phan has nearly 40 years of photography and videography experience. Because of Seamus’ background as a large and medium-format film photographer, he shoot a few images, focusing on getting images right the first time – in camera, without relying on extensive, needless, and laborious post-production. His method is incisive, deliberate, and patient. His style is typically high-key and embraces natural light, rather than harsh artificial lighting.
- Custom training program development (leadership, customer service, sales, digital marketing)
- Coaching for presentations and speaking
- Recruitment needs analysis
- Recruitment copywriting for advertisements
- Candidate personality profiling and analyses
- Business plan writing
What makes us special
We are seasoned training and development specialists who have developed programs since the 1980s for large and emerging corporations worldwide. We know human capital and talent development.
Our Spokesperson and Media Training programs are taught by veterans who have been TV and radio correspondents and journalists. Our media training programs are customized, with mock TV interviews and critique.
The crisis communication modules in our media training programs are also based on field-tested principles of airline pilots handling difficult situations (CRM, TEM, MCC, etc). We can adapt your corporate crisis communication standard operating procedures (SOP) for local use, or help you develop a customized program from scratch. We also design and deliver internal communication and training programs in sales, marketing, business leadership, etc.
While some may imagine that in any organizational environment, it is only the frontline employees who are to be “trained”, sustainable and growing corporations need to start with an enlightened top management who are empathetic to the needs of the people. Therefore, our expertise is in identifying corporate deficiencies such as business process flaws, internal communication lapses, and organizational discrepancies, to build customized and facilitated workshops to help top management (CEOs, vice presidents and directors) lead their teams better. These facilitated programs can be half-day, full-day, or even whole-day brainstorming sessions of great energy. We are open to discuss with you.