Founded in 1991 in Singapore (first as a design consultancy), McGallen & Bolden Group (麥金倫營銷傳播公司) is today one of the most established “boutique” full service marketing and technology communication consultancies focused on Asia.
Our consultants are active worldwide especially in the advent of technology adoption. The firm maintains a virtual presence in USA, Europe, and Australia. The Singapore office is also working with various PR affiliates around the world, including China PRC, Hong Kong SAR, South Korea, Thailand and Malaysia.
The firm has grown steadily through the years. The firm attributes its continued success to a hands-on management team, a small team of highly-skilled consultants, and solid, proven intellectual capital. Our firm is friendly and cooperative to equity partnerships with a synergistic larger group.
News & Timeline
We make news as and when possible to communicate with its stakeholders, customers and other media professionals. The firm has been featured frequently in the media, with its consultants and associates featured in broadcast and print media, either as correspondents, or as industry analysts.
Video: Receiving an industry recognition award for technology adoption:
- Apr 2012 – Rekindled video, filmmaking & VNR services
- Aug 2011 – McGallen & Bolden Ltd incorporated in EU (CY)
- Aug 2010 – Social Media, Web and Mobile app development
- Jun 2009 – McGallen & Bolden Knowledge Inc. dissolved
- Oct 2008 – KnowledgeLabs absorbed into McGallen & Bolden as tech unit
- Oct 2008 – Incorporated in Singapore (from sole/partnership)
- Dec 2005 – Moves incorporation to Nevada (McGallen & Bolden PR Corp.)
- Jun 2004 – Media training program for non-profits
- Dec 2003 – Dot ZEN book launched
- Jan 2003 – Fast50 Finalist
- Sep 2002 – Media training program for clients
- May 2002 – McGallen & Bolden Knowledge Inc. formed
- Apr 2002 – Moved our world firm to USA (from Ireland)
- Dec 2001 – Sales and Leadership training programs
- Oct 2001 – Intelligent20 Finalist
- Nov 1999 – General Corporation (USA)
- Jun 1998 – Developed first Java app JAEM
- Apr 1997 – Public TQM and service quality training seminars
- Dec 1994 – Transitioned from design to PR firm in Singapore
Terms of Engagement
It is very easy to work with our team, and we love committed clients.
We are nimble, fast, productive, and effective. For most clients, we will send you a quotation of services informally, and then when you agree, we will send you an Estimate through our invoicing system. You acknowledge that estimate, and we will invoice you for the service (project or retained). There is no credit term for retained or project services.
For new project clients, an upfront downpayment is required as third-party services will be incurred (e.g. courier of media kits and samples, etc), and the remaining fee is due on delivery. For PR event clients, all third-party costs will be borne by the client directly prior to event (most establishments such as hotels and MICE facilities would demand that as costs are irrecoverable). If you prefer to deal with one firm for such events, the full sum of third-party costs will be due prior to event. For retained clients, all fees and out-of-pocket (OOP) expenses are due on the FIRST day of the SAME month. E.g. if the retained month is January, the fee is due to us on the 1st January, since professional fees and OOP are irrecoverable.
We are always open to an honest discussion with genuine investors and larger firms. Contact us if you are keen in a small, progressive, highly skilled consulting firm like ours with respected, deep industry knowledge and expertise, to expand into Singapore, or to expand your offerings and footprint.
Antispam & Antivirus Consulting (Legacy)
McGallen & Bolden has consultants and technical development partners who were researching various ways of fighting spam and malware, on platforms such as FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac OS X, since 2004. Their efforts started from a frustration with the growing problem of spam and attachment malware in incoming email (including spoofed emails). We developed various test platform workstations and servers ready as products, and tested at a large media company in those earlier years. The project also has a registered trademark for its solutions – NetJanus®. However, the advent of open source solutions meant that the window of trade opportunity became smaller, and we moved on to other areas.